Some of you may recognize the name, Melinda Valentine as one of the authors that we’ve reviewed. Her book is called, Best Man For The Job and it is sexy, sweet, suspenseful, and a gripping read. It is the first book in the Men of Fear Incorporated series.
Here is a little bit of information about her-
Questions for Melinda Valentine
- What made you want to write?
I grew up with a love of books. my mother used to read to me as a young child. However, when I was 12 years old, I read Stephen King’s IT. That’s when I knew. I knew I wanted to be able to create something that could whisk someone away to a world I created, at least for a little while.
- Do you see yourself in any of your characters? How so?
I think I put a piece of me in every character I write. Whether it’s physically, emotionally or mentally. Sometimes I give characteristics that I wish I had to a character.
- Do you have another job besides author?
I’ve been a bank teller for the past 4 years
- What book or author inspires you and why?
There are so many. I can’t name them all.
- What popular literary character do you think you have the most in common with?
Jo March from Little Woman comes to mind. She was wildly passionate in her pursuit to become a writer, her family meant the world to her and let’s not forget that she had a bit of a temper 😉
- Which popular literary character do you think would be your best friend or who would you like to be your best friend?
Great question! I have no idea lol
- Which popular literary character would you like to full around with, marry, and kill?
Is this all the same character? hahaha. If so, Eric Northman, from The Sookie Stackhouse series. I will always love him, even when I hate him.
- What are you working on?
I’m just starting book 3 in the Men of Fear Incorporated series.
- What is the weirdest thing on your desk or in your writing space?
I don’t have anything weird. Only a useless elliptical machine that serves as a reminder of how much I love Rasinets.
10. Other than you work, which book on your bookshelf would you recommend to your readers?
There are SO many. Wow. One of my favorites would have to be Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye. If you haven’t read it, it’s a must. Seriously…What are you waiting for?
- What is a piece of advice you’d like to give to young writers?
Don’t ever give up. It’s not an easy task, but it’s worth it. Whether your work ends up on a publishers desk, you self publish, or if it ends up locked away with your prized possessions… There’s not much that compares with the feeling of writing The End on a manuscript.
- Is there any special quirk or fun fact that you would like to share with your fans?
Raisinets are my favorite writing snack. I can fool myself into thinking they’re good for me 😉
- Do you do any kind of research for your books or do you wing it?
Mostly, I wing it. I do research along the way as needed. Usually for make/models of various cars/motorcycles/guns. Things of that nature that I want to make sure I have right.
- Finally, what are you planning to be for Halloween?
As of right now, Little Red Riding Hood
Thanks Melinda! Interested in connecting with Melinda? Pick your method