Over the past few years, I’ve been completely taken over by Outlander. I have a slight obsession with Dougal, while most people would leave their own personal Franks for the chance to look under Jamie Fraser’s kilt. While we clearly all watch Outlander for the history, there have been some other things that I’ve learned along the way. Here’s a comprehensive list…maybe you’ll learn something from me.
- It’s now okay to hear voices, but only if they come through stones. Otherwise, you’re still crazy…or a witch.
- Speaking of witches, I also learned that vaccine scars will kill you faster than the actual disease.
- However, whipping scars…now they won’t kill you. In fact, whipping scars are very useful.
- On the other hand, sometimes diseases can be used to your advantage.
- Sleeping with, excuse me, marrying the second in command is the way to go. When he overthrows number one, you’ll rule. Er, you’ll help him rule.
- The way to get your man isn’t by giving your honey pot away–your life has to be at risk. That whole damsel in distress thing is the clincher. It works even better, if once you have him, your independent woman side comes out.
- If you think a ghost is watching your wife, it’s probably time to force her to leave.
- Always befriend your man’s sister. Only she can help prevent those hussies from coming around.
- It’s never to late to reconnect with the love of your life. However, you may have to deal with some leg hair first.
- The saying may be, “When in Rome, do as the Romans do,” but I think “When in France, do as the French do” is better.
- If you’ve kept your daughter’s father a secret for most of her life, don’t be surprised when she get’s pissed…especially if she’s a red head.
- Never take your mother for granted. You have no idea what she went through to have you…(in this case though, we know she went through the stones).
- Smoozing multiple men is one of the best ways to assure loyalty… and gifts. Lots of shiny presents.
- If you are curious about time travel, killing someone may not be the only way to accomplish it. I would consider continuing to look for a way. Karma catches up to you.
- Always shout out your skills when dealing with kings, lairds, and chieftains. They may find use for you, even if you are a spy.
- If you wish to see a King, just hope he had plenty of fiber that day. In fact, maybe send him some fiber the day before to prepare. It should be number two on your list.
- Being known for your beauty is one thing, but being known as a badass who can curse you is even better.
- When you have an open marriage, try to set rules and boundaries so no one get’s hurt…or crashes a graduation party.
- A red coat is not a fashion statement. If the red coats are coming, they are not referring to a trunk sale. Run the other way.
- Never underestimate a good dog. They’re quite handy to have around.
- Speaking of being handy, when stealing, it’s vital to be crazy sneaky. You certainly wouldn’t want to ask anyone for a hand.
- If you find out there’s a slim chance that the love of your life didn’t die on a battlefield, maybe hire a private investigator. They know everything, that’s why their hair is so big. Or research yourself until you’re sure.
- Never assume someone was taken by faeries. They may be tricky, but they aren’t malicious. This goes for adults and children.
- If you must travel all around, bring an accountant. They may not be able to fight with a sword, but their words are pretty dangerous, especially when written down.
- Finally, I learned that waiting is the worst thing to ever happen to a Sassenach. Book 10…we’re ready.
The next episode of Season 3 is starting soon! How do you think it’s going so far? I mean, I know we haven’t gotten to the print shop scene, but I’m enjoying it. What has your favorite part been so far? Comment below.
For More Outlander Posts Click HERE
And maybe check out Kelsey’s review of the special Outlander themed WeeBox, a subscription box straight from bonny Scotland. Check it out HERE!
About the Authors
Sarah Fischer and Kelsey McKnight met in college and haven’t stopped talking to each other since. Sarah works a day job doing background investigations which is a fancy way of saying she gets to be nosy for a living. Kelsey runs two non-profit organizations and raises the most precious child on the planet. However, at night, they turn into two saucy romance novelists.
Sarah writes college romances that would make Mrs. Fitzgibbons blush. Roger and Bree would definitely approve.
They can be found HERE
Kelsey writes Scottish Historical Romances. No, it isn’t Outlander, but her stories have men in kilts, ladies in elegant dresses, and overwhelming drama. She also has a contemporary romance that plays with contracts, love, money, and business. Kelsey and Sarah also both have short stories in the anthology Craving Bad. It’s filled with bad boys and the girls they love.
They can be found HERE