We’ve offered many fun quizes, which you can read on our Outlander page here, but sometimes we like to challenge you. We tripped a few of you up in our Ultimate Outlander Book Quiz, here, so let’s see how you do with quiz that tests your knowledge on Dragonfly in Amber! This quiz doesn’t have any spoilers for the show, but if you want to read the book, then be careful!
- Who painted all the royal portraits in the Great Gallery?
- Frances Cotes
- Jacob DeWitt
- Charles Brooking
- Samuel Scott
2.What did Reverend Wakefield do every night before bed?
- Wrote in his journal
- Read part of Frank Randall’s history books
- Sang ‘The Skye Boat Song’ to Roger
- Had a glass of sherry and listened to the radio
3. How did Claire keep her teeth so clean?
- She used toothpaste she made herself from cloves and mint
- She chewed “gum” made from Spruce resin
- She washed her mouth out with whiskey to kill bacteria
- She brushed them with the twig from a willow tree
4. What did Prince Charles always carry with him?
- A letter from his father, reminding him he is king
- A miniature portrait of Louise
- A cross that belonged to his mother
- A stone taken from the cairn of a great Scottish king
5. What nickname does Young Simon say Claire is known by?
- The White Witch
- Lady Long Legs
- Sassanach Sorceress
- Mistress Honeylips
6. What famous artist’s work did Claire say the wise woman Mairsi resembled?
- Sandro Botticelli
- Amedeo Modigliani
- Johannes Vermeer
- Francisco Goya
7. What was the main ingredient in Monsieyr Forez’s salve?
- Hanged-men’s grease
- The blood of a virgin
- Powdered human skull
- A guillotined woman’s tears
8. What jeweled thing was hanging from Madame Nesle de la Tourelle’s pierced nipples?
- Colorful peacocks
- Golden mermaids
- Graceful swans
- Pale Roses
9. What relative did Uncle Jared most resemble?
- Jamie’s father, Brian
10. What was the necklace that Jamie gave Claire made of when they went back to Scotland?
- Cotter Pins
- Carved stones from a French cave
- The links of chain from a British wagon
11. What street was Master Raymond’s shop on and what animal did Claire think he resembled?
- Rue de Sein and a gorilla
- Rue de Rivoli and a lizard
- Rue de Varennes and a toad
- Rue de Richelieu and a bull dog
12. What is the last verbal phrase spoken at the end of the book?
- “He meant to die on Culloden Field…But he didn’t.”
- “I have to go back.”
- “Jamie escaped…he’s alive.”
- “Help me find him. Help me find your father.”
13. What instrument does Mother Hildegarde play?
- The harpsichord
- The clavichord
- The fortepiano
- The virginal
14. What animal does Jamie think he resembles at times?
- An orangutang
- A fox
- A hedgehog
- A tiger
15. What occupation did Jamie say he wanted to be when he was a child?
- A blacksmith
- A politician
- A pirate
- A horse breeder
16. What saint did Claire think of before her meeting with the king?
- Saint Nicholas, the savior of prostitutes
- Saint Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland
- Saint Joan of Arc, the warrior woman saint
- Saint Mary Magdalene, the fallen follower of Jesus
17. What did Jamie give Claire as a belated gift for their first wedding anniversary?
- Hair ribbons
- A dapple grey pony
- A piece of amber
- His mother’s crucifix
18. Which Cameron lead 300 clansmen to join Prince Charlie?
- Jenny Cameron
- Jacob Cameron
- Janet Cameron
- James Cameron
19. Murtagh wasn’t pure Scottish. What country did his grandmother hail from?
20. What did Claire do with the money gotten from the sale of her pearl necklace?
- Se bought blankets for some men imprisoned in Tolbooth
- She purchased medicinal herbs to help Alex Randall
- She sent it to Jenny to help her feed Jamie’s tenants
- She sent it to Jared for safekeeping
21. BONUS: How did you react to Claire retuning to Frank and her previous life?
- Ugly sobs à la Kim Kardashian
- A moment of careful contemplation in which you reevaluated your entire life
- You ran to book three, hoping for Claire and Jamie to find a way to reunite
- All of the above
You’ve now finished! Check your answers with those below the naked Scot and see how many you got right. Each right answer is worth 1 point.
- Jacob DeWitt
- Willow (willow was also used as a brushing tool in the movie Shakespeare in Love)
- Portrait of Louise
- Mistress honeylips (There are worse things to be called, I guess)
- Amadeo Modigliani
- Hanged Men’s Grease
- Swans (ouch)
- Cotter pins
- Rue de Varenes and a toad
- “He meant to die on Culloden Field…But he didn’t.” (*sob*)
- Pirate (Must have been before he discovered his seasickness!)
- St. Mary Magdalene
- A piece of amber
- She bought blankets
- All of the above…unless you have no soul
Now, let’s see what level book master you are!
0-7: Time to reread the book!
8-15: Not too shabby! You know your way about France, for sure.
16-21: You are the Outlandish page master!
Let us know how you did on the quiz! And check out our Outlander page here for more Jamie and Claire goodness to see you through the Droughtlander. And if you’re into organic beauty that Claire would have made, check out Face Affection HERE or Bellissima Bain HERE!
Speaking of Sarah’s books, join her at a facebook party HERE on Tuesday at 6:30 to chat with her about First Semester: Elton Hall Chronicles and see her long awaited cover! And Keep an eye out here, and on our social media sites, for a look at Kelsey’s cover for Queen of Emeralds and to win a free ebook!