Interview with Gina From Cursed
After reading all about Gina from Nykki Mills‘ book Cursed, we decided to ‘sit’ down with her and ask some questions. She frequently refuses the media so we consider ourselves lucky that she spoke to us at all. You don’t have to have read Cursed to follow the interview but it certainly would help.
- Before we begin, are there dead people in the room with us now and are they friendly? Is this something you really want me to answer? People like to ask that, but more often than not they don’t like the answer. Let’s just say dead kids are creepy whether they are friendly or not.
- What is the best thing a ghost has ever said to you? That they are leaving? Yeah, I think that’s my favorite thing a dead person has told me.
- What is the scariest thing a ghost has ever said to you? Well, this last case…I guess the phrase, “I told you not to come in here”. That never ends well for me.
- Are you afraid of anything not paranormal? People scare the sh*t out of me. Sometimes I think they’re worse than the dead. At least the dead are pretty easy to figure out. People always have hidden agendas.
- Have you looked into ways to try and make the ghosts leave you alone? I know some tv shows use salt to keep them at bay. *laughs* Adrian loves salt, it works I guess, just not for long for me. Sage helps, but for me I think it’s a little different. When I think I’ve figured it out I find a crack in the wall, a way for them to slip through. But then again, I go looking for them, so, maybe that’s why? I would like to shower alone someday again, though.
- How did you feel when you found out about Amber going missing? I know you aren’t friends anymore but you were at some point, right? What, no! We were never friends! I was before her time with that crowd. And don’t go telling her otherwise, she might want to paint nails or something weird like that with me. But…that was one of the worst moments of my life. I mean, it was my fault…
- Kass is having issues with ghosts and sensing them, are you going to try to help her or do you want her to come ghost hunting with you? I guess if she asks me for help I would, but she’s almost as stubborn as me, plus she has Ian, and he’s a good person to have on your side. Also, he’s pretty used to that kind of messed up crap. I think she’ll figure it out. Hopefully she pulls her head out of her a**, are we allowed to say that here? Anyway, hopefully she does and TELLS Ian. And, no, I don’t think Kass would have an easy time on the road, she seems to thrive on routine, and this life has been anything but routine.
- Have you thought about talking to Ian about your abilities? Since you are related, do you think he may have some kind of skills too? I wanted to tell him, a lot of times, and I think on some level he knows, but no…I think he needs to do his own thing for now. Hurricane Gina is a little overwhelming for him. And he might, I guess I’ve always been so wrapped up in my own stuff to consider the possibility, maybe that’s why he’s been so pissy.
- So we all know there are hangover cures, have you developed a ghost cure? Is there something you prefer to eat or drink after one of your episodes with the ghosts? Ha! No, I haven’t figured out anything other than stuff that leaves me with actual hangovers. If I do, you’ll be the first person I text. Ben likes to make me eat greasy food and drink coffee. I think he thinks it’s like an actual hangover. That, or he’s trying to make me have an actual heart-attack.
- I know that you can see auras, can you tell what mine is? You have blue, which I’ve decided has to do with a calm nature. There are also hints of bright pink and yellow. Most of the people I’ve met with yellow are artists, very creative people. The pink I think is for compassion, Ben has blue and pink, he’s one of the most compassionate people I know. Seriously, he never even gets road rage, he’s mister, “Oh they have a reason for going so slow I’m sure. Or, Gina, that’s an elderly person, stop honking at them.”
Thank you for answering our questions and we look forward to hearing more about your other adventures! Yeah, no problem, I’m sure there will be a lot more.
So there you have it folks! If you have any questions about the book or want to know more about the supernatural world these characters live in, comment below and maybe Gina will respond